For our final assignment in my Illustration class we were given the freedom to do what ever we wanted.
So I have decided to embark on a journey to create my own font... It will be an interesting project and I will post my progress along the way...
Here is my character set I have been working on and scanned in and now the fun begins...
The next step would be to work on each individual letter to perfect them and then save them as an EPS, I had difficulties with importing the EPS files in FontLab and discovered if I saved it as an older version of Illustrator it worked.
Here it goes... below is the letter A in Illustrator
So here is the beautiful letter K imported in FontLab Studio... in here you can still edit the letters and such.
Oh, and to mention I had a hard time trying to use FontLab Studio since I have no idea how it works :(
So here is my progress so far as of the 5th of April... I finally tackled the Upper Case letters...
April 7, 2010
I have now finished both upper and lower cases and some symbols or whatever you may call them %*&@!# yea those things lol
So I have been having issues with Fontlab... But Good news!
I am finally done!!
Here is it ready to install
Here is a link to download
Thanks for following me in this crazy adventure... It still needs some tweaks with the kerning and such.